Credit Cards have been one of the most popular financial products that individuals opt for. In the times we are currently living in, a credit card is not just a simple plastic card that you keep in your pocket, it has become a status symbol among people. People gauge your status by the credit card you have. And when we talk about the status of credit cards, there is a card which has got some unbeatable reputation – American Express Credit Card. Commonly known as Amex, credit cards from American Express hold a prominent place in the categories of credit cards.
An American Express credit card comes with several amazing offers and other reward programs across many categories. Apart from this, the best thing about it is you can choose the one from a range of American Express Credit Cards according to your convenience and spending habits. An American Express credit card comes in every prominent category such as Entertainment, Travel, Movies, Shopping, etc. In this article, we will cover everything about American Express SmartEarn Credit Card which is considered to be an amazing card for people who just love spending and want to earn on it. So, keep reading!
Highlights of American Express Credit Card that you must see
As we said, the American Express credit card comes with some amazing features that make it best in the market. You can have a look at some of the major highlights of them.
- As soon as you get your American Express SmartEarn Credit card, you will get INR 500 in the form of cashback when you spend INR 10,000 in the first 90 days of card issuance. So, in a way, you will get 5% cashback on your spendings as a welcome gift.
- If you are someone who loves to Shop on Flipkart and usually travels via Uber, this card can make wonders for you. When you spend INR 50 on any of them, you will get 10X reward points. For example, you bought something worth INR 500 on Flipkart, you will get 100 reward points on this transaction.
- Similarly, when you make any transaction on Amazon, Swiggy, BookMyShow, PVR, Myntra, Jabong, Grofers, Big Bazaar with your American Express Credit Card, you will get 5X reward points on every INR 50 spent.
- On all other spends such as on Fuel, Insurance, Utilities, etc, you will get 1 Membership Reward Point on every INR 50 spent.
- With all these offers, you can earn 1250 Membership Reward Points on spending only INR 7,500 every month. All these reward points will give you some amazing benefits. Like, when you spend INR 2,500 on Flipkart and Uber respectively in a month, you will earn a total of 1,000 Membership Reward Points in these categories as both of them are 10X partners of American Express Credit Card.
- With your American Express Credit Card, you can convert your large transactions into easy EMIs with interest rates as low as 12% per annum.
- You will also get a supplementary American Express Credit Card without paying any additional cost for this card. Also, you will be getting a waiver of a 1% fuel surcharge when you use your card on fuel expenses.
Joining and Renewal Fees
You will have to pay INR 495 plus GST charges for your American Express Credit Card as the Joining fee and Renewal Fee. Other than this, you can also get your renewal fee waived off on spending INR 40,000 or more in the last year.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- The applicant must be a resident of India with over 18 years of age.
- The applicant must have a good credit history.
- Salaried employees must have an annual income of INR 4.5 lakh and self-employed applicants must have an annual income of INR 6 lakh or more to get this American Express Credit Card.